We’re taking every precaution
We have always prioritized safety at Hanley Energy Electrical, so when COVID-19 hit, we took immediate steps to protect both our customers and employees.
Our philosophy is that you can never be too safe. As such, we have adopted precautionary measures from a variety of sources - from the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), led by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), guided by the United States Department of Labor (DoL).
We're doing our part
Wireless temperature-monitoring stations, masks, and hand sanitizers are only the beginning.
At HEE, we are:
- Employing a hybrid work model for essential employees.
- Scanning employee and visitor temperatures upon arrival.
- Telling non-essential team members to stay home during peak virus-spreading months.
- Utilizing Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)-approved disinfectants on our equipment and office surfaces.
- Practicing social distancing on- and off-site, whenever and wherever possible.
- Embracing contactless delivery options from suppliers, reducing warehouse exposure.
- Incorporating an Infectious Disease Preparedness Plan into our Emergency Response Plan.
We’re going above and beyond
During a recent project, we were faced with a dilemma: there was no parking for our electrical specialists. Public transportation was available (which is a normally a great option), but we couldn’t guarantee its cleanliness for the safety of our staff.
So, what did we do? We purchased a bus.
It was a win-win for HEE. Our team members now get a clean ride to and from work, and our customer gets reliable, safety-focused service.
At HEE, we are thinking outside the box to keep everyone safe.
NIOSH & CDC:
- COVID-19 Information for the Workplace
- Businesses and Workplaces
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers Responding to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), May 2020
OSHA & DoL:
IBEW & OHSA: